Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cuddlefish?

This morning I drove Sam to Montessori as usual. I preheat the car and put a blanket on his lap. (My family would even recognize the blanket--I remember our using it as a lap blanket in the old Pontiac Catalina.) He chatted amiably with Max, who doled out the occasional goldfish cracker.

On the way there he said he wanted to go fishing. I was surprised. I asked if he liked fishing, and he said yes. Lake or river? Lake. In a boat or on shore? On shore. Would he eat the fish or toss them back? Toss them back. Then he said he'd cuddle them. I agreed that was a good idea. Fish must be very short on cuddling.

1 comment:

Spud said...

I imagine they are. And for very good reasons. Just try it, if you don't believe me!

BTW-If Sam wants to fish in real life, I know a lovely lady named Yoko who would adore to take him this summer.