Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Trip Report

I am in Livermore this week. Which means I get to see Sam once, using skype. It also means Susan's doing ALL THE PARENTING this week. (Pray for a good night's sleep!) The following is taken from an email Susan sent this morning:

Sam starting waking up by 6:38 or so -- actually I think he was making noises earlier, maybe I was in there around 5:50 -- can't remember. (Yes, I'm a little sleepy, but it could be worse!)



He was tangled up in loose threads in the pink blanket, and didn't seem upset but was practically standing up in bed when I went in there.

I said, Don't get up, and he said indignantly, I'm not. So I untangled him and tucked him in and went to bed and prayed for him to sleep, but of course he just sighed, and tossed and turned, and finally came into bed with me.



I'm sure he thought he was being quiet at that point but he was wiggling and muttering to himself (it was actually cute) and clicking his teeth in my ear, so finally I suggested he go into his room, turn on the light, and read books or draw.

So he did, very independent. Since the monitor was still on I could hear him. He padded into the office for paper, then to his desk (first turning on the light), then I heard, "Huh. Well, I'm going to do this maze first!" Very cute. Then he needed to go get crayons etc.

Needless to say, I had a short night!

No comments: