Thursday, December 16, 2010

eyeballs on fire, carmel rolls, etc.



Sam's friend Ian: I'm not afraid of anything!
Sam (with a big grin): I'm not afraid of anything except volcanoes and my own shadow!
Ian: I'm not afraid of anything except my eyeballs being on fire!
Susan: Volcanoes, and eyeballs being on fire, are both very good things to be afraid of.

Also: Carmel rolls Susan made us, spontaneously, last weekend.

And today's holiday program at Sam's school. His class recited a Robert Frost poem about a village smithy (suddenly I know why Sam perked up when I mentioned a smith, and recently knew who Robert Frost is!), and sang Frosty the Snowman.

Tonight the Christmas play at church. Sam's first play of any length.

Any of you have fun recollections of Christmas programs from your youth?

No comments: