Saturday, July 19, 2014

Trip to Camp

Had a short weekend at camp with Mom and Dad (aka Nana and Grandad):

Mom! Good weather the whole weekend, or at least until Sunday morning, when we had to dodge raindrops until it started to rain steadily as we drove away. We arrived Friday for dinner. Here's Mom Saturday enjoying the pleasant weather while I followed Josh below.

No weekend trip is complete with a trip to the beach at the state park.



Mom and Dad enjoying a view of the beach while enjoying Dad's birthday weekend.

Expect many more pictures to come of this playground, which is a thing of joy and beauty. We brought along Josh's balance bike which he happily zipped around on for quite some time.

Here's a little window into one of Sam's hobby: Minecraft. He wanders around these electronic worlds building palaces and villages and various other things. Glad he's got a game which is heavy on creativity.

Sunday morning I needed to get the boys out so they wouldn't wake everyone up. We were dodging raindrops, as mentioned, so I figured I'd better drive a little and hope to emerge from the clouds. Went to Potsdam. I'd never seen a playground there, but figured if I could find a school I'd find a playground. And so I did--one of the best I've ever seen, made before they all became identical, rainbow-colored and safe. Not that this was unsafe, but then the little corridors were too small for an adult to fit in. I had to clamber up the outside to walk the ramparts. Would hate to think of how you would extract a child who'd collapsed. Maybe Potsdam only hires really small nurses.

More to the point, the boys loved it! It was a great way to pass the time until the rain returned.




Finally, a shot of Sam, Josh, Payton and Maddie, playing with two frogs shed found in the creek.

No comments: